Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hot with a Chance of Sexy: Ibrahim Afellay

Before the Euro 2012 started, I decided that I was going to go through each of the 16 teams and pick out some of the lesser known, at least on this side of the pond, hotties.  Yeah, easier said than effin' done.  Most of the information that I saw was statistical about the players and teams, but there was little to nothing in the way of photos or good, gossipy personal information.  Sad face with thumbs down, right?  Coupling that with the fact that I am lazy as hell, I decided to let that idea go and simply watch the tourny and enjoy the beautiful games.

Although the Russia/ Czech Republic game was painful to watch Friday, and it was shocking to watch the Netherlands go down yesterday to the Danish team, I am not one to harp on the negative:  When life gives me lemons..., I am thankful the thorns have roses..., since the house is on fire I warm myself. I am a walking positive attitude platitude. Yesterday was no exception.  Instead of bemoaning that the Dutch lost, I celebrated that I noticed Ibrahim Afellay for the first time, in spite of the fact he played on the Dutch team during the 2010 World Cup and the 2008 Euro Cup.

I probably hadn't noticed this rockin' Moroccan (heritage) because I have never ordered veal in a restaurant or in my boudoir, and Ibrahim is yooouunnggg. And though I am certainly no priest, this kid looks damn good.  He's like chocolate, candy, ice cream, puffy clouds, kittens, condoms, and vodka all rolled up in a fantasy.  A footballin', younger, tad bit browner, a little more Muslim-er,  Colin Farrell.  Seriously.  You can totally see it, right? I want to read him adult bedtime stories and spike his hot chocolate with Ecstasy.  Okay, maybe I am a priest.  Or Madonna. Or Sharon Stone.

Ibrahim, "Ibi" as he's called, was born April 2, 1986, in Utrecht, Netherlands.  He was named Best Young Player in The Netherlands in 2007, and has been playing for FC Barcelona since his debut on January 5, 2011. Unfortunately, in September 2011, Afellay suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury during training and was out for more than 7 months.

Guess that gave him some time get even closer to his girlfriend, Dorien Rose.  Rose is a Dutch model, singer, and actress who is very popular in the Netherlands.  She has been described as a "mix of Olivia Wilde and at-her-peak Angelina Jolie" (ouch!)  Go ahead, Ibrahim, with your sexy little self.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers