Sunday, August 7, 2011

TMI? Telling a Friend about a Sex Dream



So, as you will come to learn if you read this blog (& my lazy ass starts writing regularly again), I love taking naps. I think that naps are truly a gift from the gods more than puppies, ice cream cones, and rainbows. If I had the choice of having mind blowing sex with Colin Farrell once (you will come to know that obsession as well) and giving up naps for the rest of my life, I am not sure what I would choose: That's how much I love naps.

I usually tend to lie in my chambers- as I call my room- and conk out with the television on during the middle of the afternoon for about an hour or so. The other day was no exception. I can't remember what I had on as I lunched horizontally with my eyes closed, probably a marathon of "Deadly Women", or some such non-sexual thought inducing mania. Which is why, when I awoke, my thought-sicles were confused as all get out: Five short minutes ago, a sleeping American, in whose symbolically weird dream she can't understand, had steamy sleep sex with an old friend/ co-worker.

What the what? I could not for the life of me understand where that came from or why, but it sort of made me laugh. Not that that idea of sex with him was funny- it was just so far from my mind- now that we lived the span of the country apart and no longer ran together, that I couldn't figure out what prompted the dream.

Since it was time for me to alight from my chambers soon anyway, I got up and checked my e-mail. And decided to do the stupid: I will send him a FB message telling him about the dream. I know, now.

I just thought that since people usually only tell you jacked up dreams they have about you in disfiguring car crashes, or you dying, why not tell someone you had a dream as life-affirming as sex? What bigger compliment, right? Maybe not.

I have to stop and think what I would think if some random friend of mine, with whom nothing physical ever happened (and that was probably for a reason other than we had partners, or didn't live close by each other): Would I be flattered or flabbergasted? Probably the latter even though I would immediately know that the sex in the dream was a symbol of something else.

I also have to quit frontin' like I am the most amazing thing to look at that's come down the coastline since the Northern Lights. He was probably a little bit horrified, poor dude.

Oh, well- I am sure our friendship will survive and we will have a good ass laugh next time we're in the same burg having bevvies- but I am curious if anyone else has had "foot in mouth" syndrome & told a friend about a sex dream? If so, what happened? Was the friend weirded out? Did your friendship suffer? Would you tell him/ her again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers