Monday, August 8, 2011

WTF is happening to kisses on television?

I've already admitted to fact that I love naps and Colin Farrell- I have to also confess that I have a predilection for trashy television. I do. So it should come as no surprise that I love Jersey Shore. I figure if you're gonna like trash, you make as well go to the top of the heap, right?

Now having watched the series from the 1st season, I have obviously seen some gross stuff- including, but not limited to, anything in a hot tub, anything that touched The Situation's mouth, Snookie's, (but especially when it's the two of them going at it) and when Ron Ron does that make-out with 2 chicks at once. I thought that nothing could get worse than those aforementioned abominations, until I saw the hell on my screen during the Season Premiere the other night that was Pauly D and Deena "kissing".

What the hell was that, besides disgusting?! Oh man. I should know better than to eat while I am watching JS, but who was ready for that vomit inducing display? Ugh. There was no semblance of sensuality or sexy to be found. Pauly looked like he'd rather have his mouth against floor of the men's room- and I probably would've found that less repulsive. For those brave few among you who can watch without your eyeballs walking into the direct sunshine and facing the true death - click here for the horror of which I speak.

It got me thinking about how gross most kisses are that they show now on television. It's all drunken tongue wrestling that is not the least bit enticing or stimulating. Is this what goes for sexy these days? Am I just getting old and prudish?

I don't think so. I think that I can still appreciate a long, slow, soft, wet, sexy kiss that lasts for 3 days: For example
.

What do y'all think? Is it me, or do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers