Sunday, October 20, 2013

Marcus What (the Schekenburg) Happened?

Marcus Schekenburg does more before 9AM than I have done my whole life. Seriously, dude is a model, author, actor, singer, polyglot who speaks 5 languages, product endorser, & TV character-inspirer (supposedly he was the basis for Smith Jerrod on Sex in the City)- so I am not trying to front or hate (you know with that preface some shit is gonna be flushing out of my mouth now) but what happened to him? 

He's not a monster- it's not like he has "Rourked" his face- but he just looks so different than his glory days of the 90s.  We all age and sometimes life goes in on us, so it's not graceful-  I get that. But this doesn't even look like the same person. 

I guess the problem is that his body was so shredded, his mane of hair just begged to knotted in a bitch's hand, and his face was so gorgeous you weren't sure whether to thank his parents or slap them for hoggin' all the pretty genes. And no one can maintain that level of beauty for long, especially not if you want to accomplish half of the other things he has in life.

Instead of being a dick about the normal looking man he has become, or celebrating the dude who left me with a lifetime of delicious visuals from the 90s, I am gonna give this cat big ups for doing himself a solid and being smart enough to have 10,000 back ups after modeling stopped paying the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers