Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yoni Jewelry? Priceless.

Continuing with my fascination with vulva imagery and replication in nature, I have also discovered a couple of artists who make yoni inspired jewelry. Granted I have not ordered any of their work yet, but I thought I would pass it along to anyone who might be interested.

A few years ago, a couple of my friends went to Rome and brought me back a penis pendant made of some sort of heavy-ass-iron-like metal. I found a thin leather band and started to wear it as a necklace because I liked it. I thought that it was designed well and I loved the boldness of it. A lot of people were absolutely horrified and disgusted that I would wear something so blatantly sexual around my neck which was shocking to me here in San Francisco. I wonder how they would've reacted to the pendants featured below? They would've mentally stoned me in the streets for sure, and probably would've thought that I should be lashed until I dropped.

Anyway, I appreciate what these artists have created, so here is the link info & some sample pictures. If any of y'all order one before I do, please let me know what you think of it's quality and design up close because I think they look great on the website:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/QuiteCntrary



You can also check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/VulvaLoveLovely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers